3 years & up. Learning to recognize similar attributes among objects is an important prerequisite to both math and reading. Gaining skills in sorting items (such as shirt, chair, and pencil) into broader categories (such as clothing, furniture, and writing tools) builds readiness skills for kindergarten. Includes hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities to optimize the learning experience. Supports parent involvement and early learning through a variety of interactive and engaging activities. An ideal way for teachers and families to enrich children's learning experiences together. Each kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity card(s).
- Eight Animals on the Town Paperback Book – a skillful mix of English and Spanish adds a special flair to this lively, rhythmic picture book about eight animal friends as they head out to the market to find their supper
- Buttons and Spools Lacing Set – children can lace the pieces together and also sort colors in the sorting bowls
- Sorting Bowls – a set of 6 colorful bowls to use for sorting with the buttons and spools
- Bilingual Activity Card(s)
- Clear Backpack features two pockets with zippered closures and adjustable shoulder straps
*Note: Components may change occasionally due to availability. We will only substitute components with developmentally appropriate items that serve the same purpose.
Read these Insights and Inspirations articles for a variety of tips and resources you can use to encourage family engagement.
- Learn to recognize similar attributes among objects by sorting items into categories
- Features hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities
- Supports parent involvement and early learning through engaging activities
- Kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity cards
- Contents may vary