3 years & up. The tools and vocabulary of measurement are all around us. Understanding the broad concepts of measurement, volume, and size will give your child a head start in math. With this kit and the related activities, your child will practice measuring with standard units (feet, inches) and non-standard units (his own foot, unit cubes). He will use the language of measurement, and will develop an understanding of spatial and size relationships. Includes hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities to optimize the learning experience. Supports parent involvement and early learning through a variety of interactive and engaging activities. An ideal way for teachers and families to enrich children's learning experiences together -- back to back! Each kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity card(s).
- Perro Grande… Perro Pequeno / Big Dog… Little Dog Paperback Book – a bilingual book about measuring
- My Big Tape – big and chunky and easy for little hands to use and understand size relationships, measures 36"/ 100 cm long
- Unifix® Cubes Math Manipulatives - cubes are great for teaching young learners about numbers, patterns, place value, operations and early fractions, 100 pieces
- Activity Card(s)
- Clear Backpack features two pockets with zippered closures and adjustable shoulder straps
*Note: Components may change occasionally due to availability. We will only substitute components with developmentally appropriate items that serve the same purpose.
Read these Insights and Inspirations articles for a variety of tips and resources you can use to encourage family engagement.
- Learn the broad concepts of measurement, volume, and size
- Features hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities
- Supports parent involvement and early learning through interactive and engaging activities
- Kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity cards
- Contents may vary