With the classic bestseller A Planning Guide to the Preschool Curriculum at its foundation, Learn Every Day™: The Preschool Curriculum can be implemented in any preschool classroom. Based on the latest research about how children learn best, each of the 36 thematic units contain ESL tips, special needs adaptations, and suggestions for extending learning. The curriculum includes a music CD with 18 songs. Meets state guidelines for quality preschool education. © 2012
- 36 themes and over 1,300 activities (2 volumes)
- Includes special needs adaptations & ESL tips
Read our Insights and Inspirations article for tips on outlining student goals and helping children come up with their own personal goals for the school year.
- The Preschool Curriculum can be implemented in any preschool classroom.
- Each of the 36 thematic units contain ESL tips, special needs adaptations,
- and suggestions for extending learning.
- Includes a music CD with 18 songs.
- Meets state guidelines for preschool education
Learn Every Day (LED)
This training offers in-depth information about implementing and using Learn Every Day: The Preschool Curriculum. Emphasis is placed on the use of a strengths based approach to discuss how to plan developmentally appropriate activities that respect individual differences, honor every child’s culture and recognize that family members are equal partners in a child’s education. Research based developmentally appropriate practices and creating nurturing environments that support all learners will also be discussed. Each participant will understand how to use a sample unit in their individual setting.
The Participant will:
- Participants will understand the components of a quality environment and how to implement brain-based activities.
- Participants will develop a strategy for implementing the curriculum in their individual settings.
- The participants will learn strategies and environmental keys for including all learners (including those with special needs and DLLs) in a balanced early childhood classroom setting.
- An understanding of the importance of Math, Science, Social Studies, Literacy, Creativity and Social Emotional Development and how each relates to developmentally appropriate practices; an understanding of how to design multi-sensory learning activities and implement those in the classroom; and the importance of brain-based learning and how it relates to a blended classroom.
For more information on this or other KAPLAN professional development options, please contact us at 800.334.2014, ext 3252 or [email protected].