The Early Learning Accomplishment Profile (E-LAP™) provides a systematic method for observing the skill development of any child functioning in the birth to 36 month age range, including children with disabilities. The E-LAP™ Kit contains most materials necessary for assessing 20 children. Includes scoring sheets for summarizing results 3 times in one year.
- A criterion-referenced assessment instrument
- Provides a complete picture of a child's acquired and emerging skills in 6 domains of development: gross motor, fine motor, cognition, language, self-help, and social-emotional
- Effective for communicating and collaborating with parents about their child's progress
Learn tips and guidelines for selecting the right infant-toddler assessment by reading this Insights and Inspirations article.
Early Learning Accomplishment, (E-LAP)
This training offers basic instruction on the correct administration, scoring, and interpretation of results for the Early Learning Accomplishment Profile. Participants will receive training necessary to use the assessment as an instructional tool. During this training, participants will:
- Learn consistent standards and procedures for administering the specified LAP instrument
- Receive training to correctly complete all the information on a LAP Scoring Booklet
- Be given opportunities for hands-on experiences with the selected LAP instrument and experience with administration, scoring, and instructional planning based on assessment results
- Become familiar with the interpretation of the LAP scores and their use in individualizing instruction and evaluation of program effectiveness
The Participant will:
- Describe the role of the E-LAP within a comprehensive assessment program.
- Explore the contents of an E-LAP kit
- Practice the procedures for calculating chronological age and identifying a starting point for each of the six domains that the instrument measures.
- Practice establishing a basal and a ceiling for each domain of the instrument.
- Practice calculating the approximate developmental age for each of the domains.
- Complete the E-LAP Profile by using results.
- Describe how to use the results to inform planning for children.
- [Optional] Administer at least one domain to another participant, correctly calculating chronological age, locating a starting point, establishing a basal and a ceiling, calculating the approximate developmental age for each domain, and completing the E-LAP Profile based upon information presented during the session.
For more information on this or other KAPLAN professional development options, please contact us at 800.334.2014, ext 3252 or email@example.com.