November 2, 2015 04:00 by april
What if you could enter the exact dimensions of your classroom, arrange the space the way you want it, and get a realistic 3D rendering of what your classroom will look like with the items you’ve selected? Our new MyKaplan FloorPlanner does that and much more! From ERS-supported starter classrooms to customized product lists, FloorPlanner will help you easily create the classroom of your dreams.
What You Need to Know About FloorPlanner
- It’s FREE! All you need to access FloorPlanner is a MyKaplan account. Simply sign in to your current MyKaplan account or create a new one to use the free online classroom design tool.
- The FloorPlanner’s drag-and-drop design makes it easy to add doors, windows, paint, carpet, rugs, storage units, chairs, tables, and other items to your classroom design.
- You can use the camera to view your room from different angles and heights. This gives you the opportunity to see what the room will look like from a child’s point of view.
- Once you’ve chosen a starter room or entered your room dimensions and built your room, there are three categories (Infant, Toddler, and Preschool) you can browse for items. You can also use the search bar to see different options for your classroom.
- You can save your floor plans and access them quickly at any time. This allows you to work at your own pace and makes it easy to go back and edit your classroom design, see the 3D version again, or print out the 2D version.
- Click on “Product List” under your saved floor plan to easily add the items you chose for your classroom into your shopping cart.
Be sure to watch the YouTube video below for a quick tutorial on the basics of FloorPlanner before you get started. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like further assistance with developing a classroom layout with FloorPlanner.
Visit www.kaplanco.com/FloorPlanner for more information.