Strategies and Tools to Improve Quality in Pre-K & K Classrooms
Coaching with ECERS presents best practices for coaches to use in their work with teachers and administrators to help them improve classrooms and teaching practices. The author includes guidance and activities for facilitating group meetings, professional learning communities, and staff workshops. Appropriate for use with ECERS-R and ECERS-3. Paperback. 120 pages.
- Outlines the nuts and bolts of coaching with ECERS in a way that has meaning and impacts classroom practice
- Provides an overview of adult learning and coaching strategies, incorporating techniques for coaching novice and experienced teachers, as well as administrators
- Examines the diversity of roles, from peer coaching to coaching from the inside or outside of the program, to administrators and supervisors who coach within their role
- Presents the case for building onsite program capacity for coaches who target their efforts within administrators
- Offers hands-on advice, strategies, and tools including "ECERS Tips" and "No, No, Never, Nevers," as well as helpful resources to support coaches and administrators