3 years & up. This wooden fruit set features sliceable fruit that makes a fun crunching sound when sliced. With so many pieces to cut and count, this is the ideal way to introduce concepts of whole, part, and fractions. Made using the highest quality materials and tested to be safe. Measures 2.75" x 9" x 9" packaged.
- 7 Wooden Fruits: Melon, Banana, Strawberry, Orange, Lemon, Pear, and Kiwi
- 1 Wooden Knife
- 1 Fruit Crate
Discover More Ways to Play
- Have children identify each piece of fruit. Place the pieces of fruit in a row. Count the pieces. Repeat the activity until the child is able to count them independently.
- Have children use the wooden knife to cut the pear into two pieces. Explain that pear has been cut into two equally sized pieces or halves. Challenge kids to find other fruits that can be cut into halves (the orange, strawberry, lemon and kiwi).
- Have children use the wooden knife to cut the banana into three pieces. Explain that the banana has been cut into thirds.
- Have children use the wooden knife to cut the melon slice into four pieces. Explain that the melon slice has been cut into fourths.
- Have children mix different pieces of fruit together to create fun new fruits and name them. For example: a strawberry and a kiwi might make a "kiberry."
- Line up four or more pieces of fruit. Let children study the pieces then have them close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child to identify which piece you "ate!"