Effective teacher-student interactions are a primary ingredient of high-quality early educational experiences. With the popular CLASS® observational tool, schools can accurately assess classroom quality in pre-kindergarten based on teacher-student interactions rather than the physical environment or a specific curriculum. Available in English or Spanish. Spiral-bound, 120 to 128 pages.
The accurate, reliable way to assess teacher–child interactions
For programs serving children from ages 3–5
With this pre-K version of the widely used Classroom Assessment Scoring System™ (CLASS™) tool, your early childhood program will have an accurate, reliable way to assess classrooms. The CLASS™ Pre-K tool assesses teacher–child interactions, a primary ingredient of early educational experiences that prepare children for future school success.
This reliable and valid tool:
- Assesses three key domains of teacher–student interaction: Emotional Support, Classroom Organization, and Instructional Support
- Provides developmentally appropriate descriptions of what effective interactions look like in pre-K classrooms
- Establishes an accurate picture of classroom interactions through brief, repeated observation and scoring cycles
- Highlights areas of strength and areas for growth useful for guiding improvement efforts
- Provides important information related to your program’s most urgent needs: accountability, professional development, and research
The CLASS™ Pre-K Dimensions
The CLASS™ Pre-K tool measures 10 critical dimensions that fall under three domains. You can get a reader-friendly overview and teaching tips for each domain in the CLASS™ Pre-K Dimensions Guide, available in English or Spanish.
- Positive climate
- Negative climate
- Teacher sensitivity
- Regard for student perspectives
- Behavior management
- Instructional Learning Formats
- Instructional supports
- Concept development
- Quality of feedback
- Language modeling