Building Your Bounce Professional Development Learning Series
What? We’re introducing the Building Your Bounce Professional Development Learning Series, which consists of three 30-minute facilitated videos, handouts for participants, and a facilitator’s guide.
- Part 1: What is Resilience?
- Part 2: Understanding Risk and Protective Factors
- Part 3: Introduction to the Devereux Adult Resilience Survey (DARS)
For Who? Teachers, parents, and anyone who cares for children.
By Who? Dr. Nefertiti Bruce Poyner is your guide throughout the series.
Where? License the Professional Development Series for your program so you can share it with your staff and parents, anywhere and anytime.
Why? To provide teachers and parents with the resilience they need to give it their all when caring for children.
In our brand new Building Your Bounce Professional Development Learning series, the Devereux Center for Resilient Children takes advantage of technology in order to deliver a reflective learning experience designed to promote adult resilience. Complete with interactive elements, Nefertiti B. Poyner, co-author of the resource Building Your Bounce: Simple Strategies for a Resilient You, guides participants through reflective activities and life application exercises. The goal is to provide participants with an opportunity to self-reflect on their own well-being and then take action to better support their resilience. If you work with parents, this series will be great for you as well! There are many benefits to an online approach, some of which include:
- Flexibility - You name the time and the place. Each of the three lessons within our Learning Series is prerecorded, so you have great flexibility in when, and even how often, you participate. Recorded files can be licensed to your organization for ongoing use over time so that current and future staff benefit.
- Choices - Participate as an individual or as part of a group. Program leaders can decide whether to bring the staff together for a group learning experience or to offer individuals the opportunity to participate on their own. Each lesson comes with facilitator questions that program leaders can use to take the learning deeper at a staff meeting or any time staff meet as a group.
- Reflection - Opportunities for reflection are embedded into the series to help spark conversation and provide participants with meaningful opportunities to think. Creative, reflective activities have been intentionally added to help facilitate understanding and have a little child-like fun too!
- Time - Each of the videos is approximately 30 minutes in length. A short amount of time for adults to invest in their own mental health!
This professional development opportunity offers a cost effective and flexible way to share the message of resilience with your staff!