3 years & up. This 17-piece wooden set is ideal for hands-on STEM experiences. Cubes, rectangles, notched squares, and a curved balance board provide endless opportunities for child-guided exploration and experimentation.
When children engage with the Wooden Block Balance, they obtain the following early STEM based skills:
- Spatial sense: introducing the ideas of shape, size, space, position, direction and movement
- Estimation: the ability to make a good guess about the amount of something. Problem solving: the ability to think through a problem, to recognize there is more than one path to the answer. It means using past knowledge and logical thinking skills to find an answer.
- Utilize concepts of none, more, less, most, smaller, smallest, bigger, biggest.
- Reasoning: drawing conclusions with logic and existing facts.
- Probability: understanding the likelihood or chance that something will happen.
- Features cubes, rectangles and notched squares to creatively stack on the curved balance board
- Provides endless opportunities for child-guided exploration and experimentation
- Learn skills such as spatial sense, estimation, reasoning, probability, and more
- Ideal for hands-on STEM experiences
- Included: Balance Board, 8 Cube Blocks, 4 Rectangle Blocks, and 4 Notched Square Blocks