3 years & up. Counting is more than reciting numbers that have been memorized in sequence. This kit and the related activities will help develop an understanding that numbers represent sets of objects, and that each number matches one object in a set. Being able to match, or pair, items one-to-one is an important concept for math readiness. Includes hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities to optimize the learning experience. Supports parent involvement and early learning through a variety of interactive and engaging activities. An ideal way for teachers and families to enrich children's learning experiences together -- back to back! Each kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity card(s).
- Perro Grande… Perro Pequeno / Big Dog… Little Dog Paperback Book – a bilingual book about measuring
- Counting Tree - children will grasp concepts of numerical value when they count the numbers of leaves and place them on the tree branches
- Activity Card(s)
- Clear Backpack features two pockets with zippered closures and adjustable shoulder straps
*Note: Components may change occasionally due to availability. We will only substitute components with developmentally appropriate items that serve the same purpose.
Read these Insights and Inspirations articles for valuable information on a variety of family engagement topics, such as planning a family engagement event and increasing family engagement in the classroom.
- Learn about how numbers represent sets of objects and each number matches one object in a set
- Features hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities
- Supports parent involvement and early learning through interactive and engaging activities
- Kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity cards
- Contents may vary