3 years & up. Children are fascinated with (and sometimes afraid of) bugs! This kit and the related activities will introduce your child to some common characteristics of insects. Be cautioned! Your child may turn into a Bug Collector! Includes hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities to optimize the learning experience. Supports parent involvement and early learning through a variety of interactive and engaging activities. An ideal way for teachers and families to enrich children's learning experiences together -- back to back! Each kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity card(s).
- About Insects/Sobre los insectos Bilingual Paperback Book – this book provides simple, easy-to-understand language to teach children what insects are, how they look, how they move, what they eat, and where they live
- Insects Nature Tube – set of 24 figurines includes two of each: Fly, Caterpillar, Scorpion, Dragon Fly, Mantis, Ant, Cricket, Spider, Centipede, Red Beetle, Grasshopper, Beetle
- Ventilated Habitat Jar allows children to safely collect and view insects with a ventilated lid
- Bilingual Activity Card(s)
- Clear Backpack features two pockets with zippered closures and adjustable shoulder straps
*Note: Components may change occasionally due to availability. We will only substitute components with developmentally appropriate items that serve the same purpose.
Read these Insights and Inspirations articles for information on how you can promote family engagement in your classroom.
- Introduces your child to some common characteristics of insects
- Features hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities
- Supports parent involvement, early learning through interactive & engaging activities
- Kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity cards
- Contents may vary