Based on census and population data, it is likely that one or more gender-expansive or LGBTQIA+ child is enrolled in every early education program in the country. Guidance for Supporting Gender Diversity in Early Childhood Education is a starting point—a primer—for early educators who are interested in learning more about working with and supporting young gender-diverse children and their families. With a focus on understanding children’s gender development, this groundbreaking guide reflects the voices of those you are learning about and connects readers with useful resources to improve teaching and programs.
- Explore new ways of thinking about gender.
- Expand your understanding of genderidentity development.
- Discover practical strategies to navigate conversations about gender with confidence.
- Help support families who have children who are gender creative.
- Set the values and tone for a classroom culture that ensures all children feel welcome.
Supporting gender diversity in the classroom should be a regular part of best practice for early educators. Begin your journey of learning today!
Paperback, 172 pages