ECERS-3™ is here!
The long-anticipated new version of the internationally recognized Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale®, ECERS-3™ focuses on the full range of needs of preschool- and kindergarten-aged children. This widely used, comprehensive assessment tool measures both environmental provisions and teacher-child interactions that affect the broad developmental needs of young children, including cognitive, social-emotional, physical, and health and safety. ECERS-3™ also includes Items assessing developmentally appropriate literacy and math activities. Spiral bound. 104 pages.
Designed for preschool, kindergarten, and child care classrooms serving children 3 through 5 years of age, ECERS-3™:
- Provides a smooth transition for those already using ECERS-R™
- Emphasizes the role of the teacher in creating an environment conducive to developmental gains
- Is designed to predict child outcomes more accurately and with greater precision
- Provides a stronger method of distinguishing between good and truly excellent programs
- Offers a complete training program with ongoing support available at the Environment Rating Scales Institute (ERSI) website (www.ersi.info)
Suitable for use in inclusive and culturally diverse programs, ECERS-3™ subscales evaluate:
- Space and Furnishings
- Personal Care Routines
- Language and Literacy
- Learning Activities
- Program Structure
ERS™ and Environment Rating Scale® are registered trademarks of Teachers College, Columbia University