The Beyond Cribs & Rattles Super Set focuses on creating
intentional, developmentally appropriate experiences for infants and toddlers.
This curriculum supports the Florida Learning and Developmental Standards for
birth to three year olds, which mirror the National Association for the
Education of Young Children’s guidelines, the Early Head Start Program
Performance Standards, and ZERO TO THREE: the National Center for Infants and
The curriculum is designed to provide caregivers with
knowledge that will help them create and implement quality play environments
that will support the total development of infants and toddlers. When infants
and toddlers are supported in their development by playful, loving,
language-rich experiences they will be successful in later school. The
- Scaffolding of the environment, which includes the use and
purchase of play materials as well as the organization of play spaces.
- Pre-scaffolding of the play experience.
- Scaffolding the development of the individual child through
an understanding of the stages of sensorimotor, construction, and dramatic play
seen in the play of infants and toddlers.
- Post scaffolding of the play experience. These four
components are also described in the pre-school module, but infants and
toddlers experience their world differently and the components have been
altered to match the needs of the birth-to-three population.
The Beyond Cribs & Rattles Super Set includes:
- Beyond Cribs & Rattles: Playfully Scaffolding the
Development of Infants and Toddlers, 1st Edition (2005), ISBN:
- Going For A Walk Symbolic Play Lesson Plan & DVD
- The Grocery Store Symbolic Play Lesson Plan & DVD
- Down On The Farm Symbolic Play Lesson Plan & DVD
- Me And My Baby Symbolic Play Lesson Plan & DVD