Bring your LEGO® creations to life!
Take your LEGO® play to the next level with the amazing LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox. Build and code interactive, motorized robots, models and creations with distance, color and tilt sensor technologies.
7 – 12 years. Boost your LEGO® building experience with the amazing LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox. Build and customize Vernie, your own personal talking robot friend, code its behavior and complete fun activities with the included playmat. Speak to Vernie and it will respond with facial expressions that reflect its mood. Vernie can move in all directions at variable speed on its large tracks, see objects and colors, sense distance, grip and carry accessories, make hand gestures and launch darts from its shoulder mounted shooter! Vernie also senses and reacts to impacts and knows when you pick it up. Rebuild Vernie to create the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4), Guitar4000, Frankie the Cat or the AutoBuilder, all controlled via your tablet with the free downloadable app that also includes digital LEGO® Building Instructions for all 5 models, plus cool activities and ideas to spark your imagination. 847 pieces.
- Includes over 840 LEGO® pieces, plus a LEGO® Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor
- Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, 2 encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light
- Interactive Motor is an encoded motor
- Color & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and color, and can also function as a light
- Check out the cool white, orange and blue color scheme
- Rotate Vernie's head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments to prepare the vehicle for an array of exciting activities
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat—be sure to feed it the right food—or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models
- Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO® BOOST app, available for iOS and Android tablet devices
- Easy-to-use intuitive software with icon-based drag-and-drop coding interface
- Building instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO® BOOST app
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity
- Vernie the robot stands over 10” tall
- M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) measures over 4” high, 9” long and 5” wide
- Guitar4000 measures over 1” high, 16” long and 5” wide
- Frankie the Cat stands over 6” tall
- The AutoBuilder measures over 10” high, 7” long and 6” wide
- Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices (ask your parents' permission)
*Please note: A tablet running iOS 10.3 and newer/Android 5.0 or above is required to build and play with LEGO® Boost™. Please visit LEGO.com/DeviceCheck to check if your tablet is compatible.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, DUPLO, MINDSTORMS and the Minifigure are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. © 2020 The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.
BATMAN: TM & © DC Comics. © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s14)
LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES software © 2020 TT Games Publishing Ltd
THE LEGO MOVIE TM & © The LEGO Group & Warner Bros Entertainment Inc
TM & © 2020 Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
© 2020 Notch Developments AB, MINECRAFT is a trademark of Notch Developments AB, MOJANG is a trademark of Mojang AB.
Star Wars and all characters, names and indicia are © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.
TM & © 2020 Marvel & Subs
Vernie the Robot
Frankie the Cat
Operating System: Requires iOS 10.3 and newer
- iPad Pro
- iPad air 2
- iPad mini 2
- iPad 4th generation
While LEGO® has tested on selected Android devices, this list won't automatically exclude your device unless it is outside the required minimal specifications.
- Android tablet with Bluetooth low power technology (BlueTooth 4.1 or higher)
- 1 GB ram
- Dual core processor 1.4 ghz
- 8” display or larger
Operating System: Android 5.0 or above
- ASUS ZenPad S 8,0"
- Google Pixel C
- HTC Nexus 9
- HTC Nexus 9 (2)
- Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8"
- Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 8"
- Nvidia SHIELD Tablet (LTE)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 nook
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (LTE)
- Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (LTE)(2)
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. WHAT DOES THE LEGO® BOOST CREATIVE TOOLBOX INCLUDE?
- 3 BOOST bricks: Move Hub, Color and Distance Sensor, and Interactive Motor
- 847 bricks in total including the 3 above-mentioned BOOST bricks
- 1 Poster
2. WHAT ARE THE BOOST BRICKS?
- Move Hub contains 2 motors with tachometers, the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) connections with your tablet, 2 input and output ports, a 6-axis tilt sensor and a multicolored light. Also in the hub is the battery compartment for 6 AAA batteries and the green “On” button.
- The color and distance sensor can sense both distance (how far from an object it is) and different colors that are placed in front of it. It can also be used as a motion detector or just as a light, enabling the user to choose between 4 different light modes; red, green, blue, and a combination of all 3.
- The interactive motor has the same functionality as the motor in the Move Hub, but as a detachable unit.
3. WHERE CAN I FIND BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?
- All 5 building instructions are in the LEGO® BOOST app as an interactive building and play experience.
4. WHY IS THERE A PLAYMAT?
- The playmat is an important part of the initial experience kids have with LEGO® BOOST. The playmat is only needed for the 3 models (Getting Started vehicle, Vernie and the M.T.R.4) that move. The playmat contains a grid that is calibrated to the movement commands in these models. It allows kids to understand that one move block in the coding enables the model to move one square on the grid of the playmat.
5. WHAT IS THE OPTIMAL AGE FOR LEGO® BOOST?
- LEGO® BOOST is designed for children 7 and up. As our creative community has shown us, there is truly no upper age limit on the fun that BOOST delivers.
6. WHAT LANGUAGES ARE THE LEGO BOOST APP AVAILABLE IN?
- French Canadian
- Spanish Mexican (from January 2018)
- Mandarin (from January 2018)
- Traditional Chinese (from January 2018)
- Japanese (from January 2018)
7. WHERE CAN I FIND THE APP?
- For most countries, you can find it in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
8. WHICH TABLET DEVICES CAN YOU RECOMMEND?
- Go to www.lego.com/devicecheck to understand the minimum specifications and recommended devices.
9. HOW IS LEGO® BOOST DIFFERENT FROM LEGO® MINDSTORMS?
- For ages 7 - 12
- Based on fun and easy-to-do icon based coding
- Programming takes place on a tablet
- Based on the System Brick Platform
- For ages 10+ with more complex coding language
- Has a P-Brick that can be programmed
- Based on the Technic Brick Platform
10. CAN I CODE LEGO BOOST WITH LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3 SOFTWARE OR APPS?
- No, LEGO® BOOST can only be programmed with the LEGO® BOOST app.
11. IS IT POSSIBLE TO CODE LEGO® BOOST WITH OTHER PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE?
- No, LEGO® BOOST can only be programmed with the LEGO® BOOST app.
12. HOW DO I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ON THE MOVE HUB?
- The firmware update happens automatically whenever there is a version available and the tablet device is connected to the internet
13. HOW IS THE APP CONNECTING TO THE LEGO® BOOST HARDWARE?
- The app is connected via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection.
14. I CAN’T HEAR ANY SOUNDS FROM THE MODELS.
- All sounds are produced in the app, so make sure your tablet has the volume up
15. THERE ARE NO BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOX. CAN YOU SEND THEM TO ME?
- All instructions are digital only and are included in the app.
16. CAN I USE A BLUETOOTH SPEAKER WITH THE LEGO BOOST APP?
- We don't recommend using an external speaker with the app. Some speakers disable the microphone while plugged in and that affect the BOOST experience
17. NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I USE THE MICROPHONE TO ACTIVATE MY BOOST MODEL.
- Make sure you've given permission to BOOST to use your microphone.
18. CAN I USE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES IN THE MOVE HUB?
- Yes. Rechargeable batteries can be used, but please follow the instructions for how to recharge them properly. Rechargeable batteries should never be charged while in the LEGO® Move Hub.