Our exclusive Engage-2 is a multi-touch table PC that engages children as they learn new skills and explore technology together. Whether it's used as an interactive display board or as an activity center for small groups, the Engage-2's durable design can withstand regular classroom use and young children's active play. Its lightweight, compact design makes the Engage-2 easy to move around the classroom, and the table can easily be moved from its horizontal position into a vertical one for teachers to better engage the whole class. The Engage-2's adjustable stand also makes it the perfect table PC for students in wheelchairs or with special needs because teachers can tilt the table forward to give children better screen access.
The 27" touch screen can engage up to four children at a time in small groups, which allows children to interact with technology in a new, improved way. The Engage-2 features the Windows 8.1 operating system, can run Windows applications, and has a 4 hour battery life to give it even greater versatility in the classroom. Each table PC comes with our Kaplan-exclusive Shine-2® Software which includes 7 circle-time activities and 10 cooperative learning explorations that encourage children to explore and discover cooperative play while also completing clear learning objectives. Be sure to click on "The Explorations" tab for more information about the 10 learning explorations featured on the Engage-2.
The Engage-2 adheres to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) recommendations for the use of technology by young children by giving students intentional and effective tools that support their learning and development.
The Engage-2 brings technology into the Early Childhood classroom with portability not found in other interactive tables. Here's what you'll find when you receive your Engage-2:
- The Screen: A 27" touch-enabled screen that supports up to 10 individual touches at once. The Engage-2 screen is a back-lit full HD-display. The screen also includes built-in Dolby speakers, a 720p web-cam and a battery. The battery supports up-to 4 hours of play giving you the ability to unplug the Engage-2 and easily move it to another location.
- The Stand: The metal stand has three main features – the wheels, the lift, and the tilt.
- Wheels: The four wheels allow the table to be easily moved around a classroom or to be shared by classrooms. All four wheels have locking casters to keep it where you want it. It will easily fit through any standard doorway.
- Lift: The lift uses hydraulics, similar to an adjustable desk chair, to raise and lower the screen. This can easily be done by one adult. At its lowest point, the surface of screen in the horizontal position is 24" from the floor. It can lift to 34" from the floor at its highest horizontal point.
- Tilt: The tilt feature is also operated by a hydraulic feature that allows you to position the screen flat like a table, vertical like a monitor or anywhere in between for easier student access.
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- Operating System: Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Ten (10) Kaplan-exclusive exploration-based activities to encourage open-ended play. Learn more about these on the "The Explorations" tab.
- Our Shine Software Suite with seven (7) activities intended for circle time or collaborative play. These activities use seven common early childhood themes to build upon early childhood mathematical concepts including sorting, graphing, counting, measuring, and working with patterns.
Setup & Support
Your new interactive table includes FREE shipping. The Engage-2 can be setup with just a few easy steps. We provide video walk-throughs to show you how to set it up and begin using your new interactive table PC.
What makes the Engage-2 a must-have asset in the classroom is our exclusive "Shine-2 Explorations" software. The 10 Explorations available on the Engage-2 give children the opportunity to explore their natural curiosity and creativity instead of the typical linear play featured on most early childhood software. Each exploration activity covers numerous curricular disciplines and was created with Kindergarten Common Core standards, Teaching Strategies GOLD, and Head Start Objectives in mind to ensure that children are appropriately engaged and learning in the classroom.
About The 10 Explorations:
- Color Bubbles: Children can discover and explore color mixing science with this fun activity. An open-ended canvas allows children to explore their creativity and create a variety of art masterpieces. A special appearance by Penelope the Porcupine also provides a few fun surprises while children learn how to mix colors.
- Literacy Bubbles: Literacy Bubbles helps children learn and explore letter recognition, letter sounds, and other early literacy concepts. Once children start adding letters and objects to a bubble, each object they put in the bubble must start with the same letter. This task encourages children to work together to find and sort through the letters and objects in order to group them appropriately. Literacy Bubbles also allows teachers to customize the activity for individualized learning by displaying certain letters.
- Math Bubbles: This exploration activity helps children develop early mathematical skills and learn a variety of math concepts, such as counting, classifying, sorting, grouping, adding, subtracting, dividing, and counting currency. The open-ended exploration featured on Math Bubbles engages students by allowing them to drag and place an assortment of animals and numbers into bubbles. Students must also discover how to make new bubbles and then learn how to join, separate, or pop bubbles. Teachers can also control the content and exploration difficulty.
- What's Inside Animals: Developed in conjunction with Roylco, children can pretend they are archaeologists with this fun scientific exploration activity. What's Inside Animals helps children learn about the anatomy of a variety of animals by having children paint over animal X-rays with their fingers to uncover the animal's exterior or they can choose to paint away the exterior to reveal the animal's inner anatomy. Students are also able to switch the animals they are painting.
- What's Inside Insects: Developed in conjunction with Roylco, children can become entomologists as they discover what the inside of an insect looks like with this exploration activity. Students can discover insects by painting over various insect X-rays with their fingers to reveal the outside of the insect. The exploration can also be flipped to allow students to uncover the inner anatomy of the insect by painting away the exterior. Students can pick different insects to learn about and paint.
- Insect Creator: Insect Creator engages students by helping them learn about insects and their defining features while also creating them on screen. A variety of insect parts, such as thoraxes, wings, abdomens, and legs, will appear on the screen. Students can then use their combined efforts to piece together animated insects that accurately represent real-life insects. The animated insects will also crawl around the screen once they are pieced together for a fun effect.
- Puzzle: Teachers can create fun puzzles from any picture or short video for the students in their class to put together. This explorations activity would be great for classroom scavenger hunts, reviewing field trips, or family engagment and would also be a creative way to extend what children are learning into a fun-filled group activity. The teacher has the ability to add or delete media for puzzles and allows them to adjust the number of puzzle pieces and puzzle difficulty level.
- Sequence Strings: Sequence Strings combines music and math to create a fun learning activity for children. Students can use this exploration activity to help them learn how numbers work and how to sequence numbers from 1-1000. Teachers can control the range of numbers to help children learn to count higher and can also set intervals for skip counting, which gives lesson plans and activities a versatility that will help keep children engaged in what they are learning.
- Math Sentences: Playing alone or with a friend, students practice math fluency by creating math sentences in Free Play, Longest Answer, and Fastest Answer modes. Teachers can control the range of solutions as well as the mathematical functions being practiced. Perfect for learning early math concepts and advanced learners!
- Group Bubbles: Preloaded with four Content Packs, students can sort between animals, colors, emotions, and shapes… and that is just the beginning! Group Bubbles allows Teachers access to word lists and images to customize their Group Bubbles learning experience.
To speak with a Sales Representative in your area, select your state from the map or enter your zip code below.
Check out these recent mentions of the Engage-2™ across several world, national, and local media outlets:
Kaplan Intros Table PC for Early Learning (TheJournal.com – 03/18/2014) - http://thejournal.com/articles/2014/03/18/kaplan-intros-table-pc-for-early-learning.aspx
Putting the Table in "Tablet" (EdSurge – 03/19/2014) - https://www.edsurge.com/n/2014-03-19-kaplan-early-learning-unveils-new-table-pc
Texas' Bookless Library: BiblioTech Turns the Page on Tradition (Govtech.com - 09/15/2013) – http://www.govtech.com/education/Texas-Bookless-Library-BiblioTech.html
Texas library offers glimpse of bookless future - (USA Today – 01/04/2014) - http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/01/04/san-antonio-bookless-public-library/4310655/
It's Here: A Library With Nary a Book (The New York Times – 01/18/2014) - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/19/us/its-here-a-library-with-nary-a-book.html?_r=0
Kaplan Early Learning Company Releases New Interactive Table PC for Early Childhood Classrooms (PRWeb – 03/18/2014) - http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11672551.htm