Children will certainly make someone smile this Valentine's Day with a gift of card stock flowers featuring their own cute, happy faces.
"Say Cheese" Flowers
This activity was taken from 101 Great Gifts Kids Can Make (available in both paperback and eBook formats).
- Various colors of card stock or recycled cardboard scraps (e.g. cereal or cracker boxes), cut into flower shapes
- Crayons or markers
- Small photo of child
- Green pipe cleaners
- Clear tape
- Card stock, 1 full sheet
Cut card stock into 4" x 4" flower shapes.
Make Your Great Gift
- Decorate at least three or four flower shapes with crayons or markers.
- Choose one of the flowers, and glue the photo in the center of it.
- Tape green pipe cleaners to the backs of the flowers to create stems.
- Decorate a whole sheet of card stock into a funnel shape, and secure with clear tape.
- Place the flowers inside the card stock funnel to create a beautiful bouquet. Be sure the photo is clearly visible.
- To create a personalized bouquet, decorate four flowers, place the photo on one of the flowers and, in the middle of the other three, write a letter of the recipient name or her initials. For example, write "MOM" or "DAD."
From the card to the wrapping paper, and everything in between, 101 Great Gifts Kids Can Make has dozens of perfect ideas to give kids and adults the opportunity to experience the joy of giving and receiving unique child-made gifts.