Explore the world of make-believe with fun and easy-to-make stick puppets.
- Heavy paper
- Crayons or markers
- Googly craft eyes
- Popsicle sticks, crafts sticks, or tongue depressors
- Tape or glue (staplers work too)
- Draw a face on the end of a craft stick or tongue depressor.
- Glue on a little yarn hair or googly eyes, and the puppet is ready to go
- Try gluing a paper costume to the sick.
- Draw a puppet shape as a person, animal, or object on the heavy paper. Color it in.
- Cut it out and tape or glue the puppet to a popsicle stick.
- Help the puppet dance, sing, or act.
Design the puppet in two layers, with a front and back. Draw and color the back of the puppet too.Glue the two pieces together with the stick in between. Make all the characters from a favorite story or song. Construct a simple puppet stage from a cardboard box.
Making Make-Believe offers storybook play, games, cooking, mini-plays, dress-up costumes, puppet ideas, and more to enrich children's play. With over 125 activities and projects, this book is packed with ideas for hours of creative fun!