We have compiled a list of our most popular classroom items to help make the holiday season a little easier for you. Any of the following items would make a great classroom gift or be a wonderful addition to the classroom in 2014!
Infants & Toddlers (Ages 0-3):
1. Boppy® Pillow - Help babies build muscle control and learn to stabilize themselves with these comfy and functional pillows. These will also help you feed, support, and hold infants. You can also purchase slipcovers to personalize each pillow and enhance your classroom environment.
2. Space Tracking Beads - This popular 3-dimensional toy helps children develop fine motor abilities and improves their coordination, tracking skills, and critical thinking.
3. Super Rocking Rings - Children will enjoy stacking the six colorful rings on the rocking base as they develop cognitive and coordination skills and increase their fine motor control.
4. My Buddies - A variety of cute little animals, such as dinosaurs, sea life, and farm animals, are available in this 17-piece set. Children will love squeezing and playing with these in a block play area or during water play.
5. Tactile Squeaky Balls - Children will learn about cause and effect and engage in tactile play with this set of six squeaky balls. Children will love the fun colors and will not outgrow these as fast as they would other ball sets.
Preschoolers (Ages 3-5):
1. Four Food Groups – This is a fun way for children to learn about the different food groups and practice making a nutritional meal. Children will also enjoy using these to pretend play different scenarios that include food. Each piece of food is made of wood and the set comes in a 4” x 6” wooden crate to keep everything organized.
2. Wooden Color Blocks – These durable, high-quality blocks are perfect for toddlers and will make a great addition to block play areas in classrooms. The 200-piece set features hardwood blocks in a variety of shapes and colors, which will help keep children engaged in playing and learning. Children will enjoy building different structures and can learn to group the blocks by color or shape.
3. Magna-Tiles® Clear Colors (32 pieces) – Magna-Tiles are a preschool classroom favorite and children love building 3-D objects with the colorful tiles. All of the tiles are magnetic to help keep structures together and make clean up easy. The square and triangular tiles come in a variety of sizes and will keep children engaged as they develop problem-solving skills and learn to build new structures.
4. Balancing Monkeys – This eco-friendly toy can help children develop their mathematical and critical thinking skills as they try to keep the tree balanced by moving the monkeys around to different spots on the tree. Balancing Monkeys would make a wonderful addition to the classroom, especially if some of your students are struggling with mathematical concepts.
5. The Original Memory Game – Children will enjoy the vibrant colors and pictures in this simple, fun game. The easy setup and instructions makes this a wonderful addition to playtime in the classroom and will help children learn about matching, patterns, math, and colors.
Elementary Students (K-5th Grade):
1. Step Into Reading – Our Step Into Reading book sets will help children increase their literacy skills by meeting each age group’s particular needs and challenging them to expand their pronunciation and vocabulary skills. These sets of reading level books are available for students in Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grades 1-3, Grades 2-3, and Grades 2-4.
2. Dr. Seuss Book & CD Set – Students and teachers love Dr. Seuss’ fun rhymes, which makes this book and CD set a welcome addition in the classroom. Kids will enjoy reading along as their favorite Dr. Seuss books are read aloud from the accompanying CD. The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham are just two of the six popular books featured in this book and CD set.
3. Hot Dots® Pen – A great tool to use in the classroom, the Hot Dots® Pen works with a large variety of Hot Dots® card sets to give children visual and audio feedback when they answer questions. Responses include kid-friendly phrases for when children answer questions correctly and gentle redirection when they give the incorrect answer. We offer a variety of Hot Dots® products, such as Making Inferences Hot Dots®, to help you incorporate these useful products into the classroom.
4. Minute Math Electronic Flash Card – Help make learning math fun with the Minute Math Electronic Flash Card. This engaging electronic format encourages children to practice adding, subtracting, and other math operations. Visual and auditory corrective feedback is provided and children can choose to play timed or untimed. This is perfect for individual practice or for small groups to use together.
5. Space Sand – The sand that never gets wet is perfect for classroom use, especially when used in water play. Children can create sculptures and fun designs underwater and then remove the sand to find that it is completely dry. Space sand can also encourage discussions about science and help engage children in the classroom.