Expect the same research based-high-energy, engaging, relevant, and top quality professional development training from our newly updated on-line professional development courses, as you have grown to trust from our in-person trainings and conference sessions!
- Available 24-7: nights, weekends and holidays!
- Easy access from any computer with internet access
- Individual or program subscription options
- IACET-Approved CEU's
- State training registry approved where applicable
- Help desk for technical assistance
eProfessional Development is not for everyone. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) recommends that students ask themselves the following questions to determine if eProfessional Development is a good option for them.
- Does your computer have a fast and reliable Internet connection?
- Are you comfortable with using the Internet?
- Do you write and send emails?
- Do you know how to send, receive, and open email attachments?
- Do you have strong reading comprehension skills?
- Do you express yourself clearly through writing?
- Do you understand material best when it is presented visually (that is, using pictures, written words, charts, graphs)?
- Are you organized?
- Are you highly motivated?
- Do you manage your time well?
- Are you able to work alone without face-to-face interaction with others?
- Do you have enough time to commit to studying?
- Do you have an environment in which you can study undisturbed?
- Will your family and friends be supportive of your need for time to study?
If you answered mostly "yes" then taking an online course might be right for you. If you answered mostly "no" then eProfessional Development might not be your best option. You may have more success in a traditional classroom setting. Regardless of your preferred professional development setting, Kaplan Early Learning Company has training that fits the needs of you and your staff. For more information, please call, 1.800.334.2014, ext 3252.
Kaplan Early Learning is pleased to offer e-professional development through Quality Assist, Inc.! Quality Assist is an early education company which has been providing professional development and technical assistance for twenty-six years. All of Quality Assist's e-professional development courses are available 24/7, are available wherever you have a computer and internet access, and are approved for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) nationwide, and state training hours in many states. Quality Assist's e-professional development courses are all engaging, interactive, and focus on bringing new knowledge into improved practices. Content and course design are based on developmentally appropriate practices for young children, cutting-edge scientific research, and best practices in adult learning.
E-Professional Development courses may be purchased individually for $30 each.
Membership subscriptions are also available through the Quorum program. Through Quorum, an individual teacher or family child care provider, child care or Head Start program, Resource and Referral agency, or multi-site location can obtain these benefits:
- 24/7 unlimited access to Quorum courses
- Specialized courses for teachers and for program leadership
- Certificates for Continuing Education Units (CEU's) and approved state training hours
- Individualized action plans
- "Director Notes" with an overview of each course and follow-up ideas
- "Parent Notes" with take home ideas for each course
- Helpdesk support
- Free demo available for a test drive!
Item # Item Name Price 27824 Quorum Individual Membership $120.00 More Info 27818 Quorum Basic Level 1 Membership (Up to 25) $1,200.00 More Info 27819 Quorum Basic Level 2 Membership (Up to 45) $1,800.00 More Info 27820 Quorum Basic Level 3 Membership (Up to 60) $2,200.00 More Info 27821 Quorum Premium Level 1 Membership (Up to 25) $1,800.00 More Info 27822 Quorum Premium Level 2 Membership (Up to 40) $2,400.00 More Info 27823 Quorum Premium Level 3 Membership (Up to 60) $2,800.00 More Info
Item # Item Name Price 27825 Building Positive Relationships $30.00 More Info 27826 Child Assessment: The Essential of Individualizing $30.00 More Info 27827 Cut the Cooties: Communicable Disease Prevention in Child Care $30.00 More Info 27828 Foundations of Curriculum $30.00 More Info 27829 Foundations of Quality Teams (Program Leadership Course) $30.00 More Info 27830 Implementing Quality Teams (Program Leadership Course) $30.00 More Info 27831 Juggling Act: Schedules, Routines, and Transitions $30.00 More Info 27832 Learning Environment: How Classroom Arrangement Impacts Behavior $30.00 More Info 27833 Reflective Teacher: Examining Beliefs, Impacting Practice $30.00 More Info 27834 Teaching with Intention $30.00 More Info 27835 Traveling with Precious Cargo $30.00 More Info 27838 Introduction to the Assessment Profile System $30.00 More Info 27836 The Art of Technical Assistance $1,000.00 More Info 27837 The Art of Facilitation $1,000.00 More Info
Kaplan Early Learning is pleased to offer online professional development through ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI)! CCEI has provided over 1,063,000 hours on online courses and has graduated more than 5,450 early childhood professionals from certificate programs. Coursework is delivered through an online learning management system that provides students with user-friendly technology, an engaging distance learning environment, and certificates of documentation available immediately upon completion. The systems self-paced format automatically saves the last point of completion within a course, allowing users to resume where they left off upon login. The 24/7/365 accessibility helps students enjoy a life-work balance while conveniently continuing their education. Coursework is competency-based, which facilitates information retention, and each successfully completed clock hours awards 0.1 IACET Continuing Education Unit (CEU).
CCEI course categories include:
- Environments and Curriculum
- Health and Safety
- Family and Parenting
- Nutrition and Food Services
- Child Development
- Inclusion and Special Needs
- Guidance and Discipline
- Administration and Management
- And many others
CCEI provides several online certificate program options that meet the training requirements of the Council for Professional Recognition's Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and CDA Renewal. Additionally, CCEI provides the Online Early Childhood Credential (ECC), Online Director Credential, several state-specific certificate programs, such as the Florida Child Care Professional's Credential (FCCPC), Texas Directors Certificate, and several others.
Courses vary in skill level from beginner courses for new teachers to more advance courses for experienced child care providers and directors. The self-paced format and 24/7 accessibility allow students to maintain a family-work balance while still continuing their education. Programs are designed around the diverse needs of students. While certificate programs of study are self-paced, CCEI provides access to an Education Coach and customer support services to deliver assistance, encouragement, and feedback throughout the duration of the program. Coursework is competency-based, which facilitates information retention and CCEI offers courses in both English and Spanish. Each completed hour of coursework is awarded 0.1 IACET CEU and may be eligible for college credit with one of several CCEI Articulation Partners.
The center-based subscription provides administrative features allowing the director to assign and monitor courses and print certificate and reports. Staff turnover doesn't require the purchase of additional subscriptions. The rollover option allows for the replacement of a terminated employee with a anew one. In addition to reducing the need and high costs of in-service days, special training facilities and substitute teachers, center directors can simplify training delivery and ensure consistency with the center-based subscription. For a demonstration of the Administrator functionality, submit a request for information or call 1.800.334.2014, ext 3252.
The Center-Based subscription is the most manageable, accessible and cost effective method for a center to provide training to its staff. The center-based subscription is a site-based license that allows unlimited, annual access to CCEI's professional development course library for the number of staff members at the site that is specified in the subscription. The center-based subscription is available in 20-user and 50-user options. Customized center-based subscriptions available.
Center Annual Subscription Plan
- Unlimited Annual Online Access* to 100+ courses offered by CCEI through Kaplan Online Learning
- Administrator access to Kaplan Online Learning Management Center to manage and monitor staff progress
- Center user licenses are transferable (conditions apply)
Item # Item Name Price 14402 CCEI Center Annual Subscription Plan/To 20 Users $499.00 More Info 14401 CCEI Center Annual Subscription Plan/To 50 Users $999.00 More Info
Individual Annual Subscription
- Unlimited online access* for 1 user for one year
- Individual user license is non-transferable
Item # Item Name Price 14403 CCEI Individual Subscription/Annual $99.00 More Info
- Administration & Management
- Child Development
- Classroom Management
- Cognitive Development
- Early Literacy
- Environments & Curriculum
- Experienced Staff
- Family & Parenting
- Family Child Care
- First Year Teachers
- Georgia BFTS Approved Courses
- Guidance & Discipline
- Health & Safety
- Inclusion & Special Needs
- Infants & Toddler Care
- Nevada Approved Courses
- New York EIP Approved Courses
- Nutrition & Food Service
- Orientation Courses (New Teachers)
- Preschool Care
- Professional Development
- School Age Care
- Social & Emotional Development
- The Diverse Classroom